Please follow the link at the bottom of the page to pay the $10 application fee. After your payment is processed click on the "return to merchant" button and it will bring you to the online application form. Please be prepared to submit all materials as you can not save your progress and complete the application at a later time. If you do pay the application fee and have an issue with the application form, such as losing connection or submission not sending, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy/screenshot of your application fee receipt. We can setup a new form in this rare sitution for you to fill out.
- Eligible applicants must currently reside in the United States.
- There are no age restrictions for applicants.
- Submissions DO NOT need to be anonymous, please leave all names and information on the score.
- Submitted documents, scores and audio must be hosted through an online hosting service with a link that will not expire. (example: dropbox) Be prepared to have these links ready on the application page.
- Required submission materials include:
- Name and contact e-mail
- 1 - 2 page resume / bio (in one pdf file)
- 2 - 3 score samples (pdf)
- Submitted scores may be of any chamber instrumentation. Although scores that use percussion are encouraged, it is not necessary to receive a fellow position. The goal is to work with both composers who have experience writing for percussion and those who don't.
- 2 - 3 audio samples (mp3 or wav)
- Submitted audio samples must match the submitted scores. Although MIDI is accepted, we highly recommend the use of live recordings.
- Optional ranking of desired ensemble choice and/or a proposal for a new work.
- Selected fellow composers will be assigned to write a new work for percussion quartet, percussion trio or percussion duo. If the composer already has a work that fits within their assignment they may choose to use that in place of writing something new.
- Deadline for sumissions is April 17th, 2017. No late or incomplete submissions will be reviewed.
Selected Fellow Composers
- Selected fellow composers will be notifed by April 24th, 2017.
- The tuition for selected fellow composers is $150
- This tuition covers one-on-one rehearsal instruction, audio/video recording of your piece, admission to masterclasses and admission to concerts. You will also be listed on the Cisum Percussion website as "2017 Composer Fellows" with the ability to promote your personal webpage/Soundcloud and more. We will do a full press release of the announced fellows taking part in our 2017 workshop.
- Cisum Percussion does not provide funding or accomodations for travel, housing or meals.
- A tuition deposit of $50 is due on May 1st, 2017. This deposit is to ensure a fellows commitment to entering the program and is non-refundable.
- If you fail to pay the deposit on time you will receive a courtesy reminder email. If you fail to pay the deposit after the courtesy email we hold the right to give your position to the next runner-up fellow composer.
- Each fellow composer will be assigned a specific ensemble for their piece.
- You may receive percussion quartet, percussion trio or percussion duo. This is to create some variety within the workshop and expand more than one variation of percussion chamber music.
- Final works should be between 7 - 10 minutes in duration. Please do not go under or over these limits as to be fair to everyone in the festival and to ensure that a single concert program is neither too short or too long. If you are struggling to write a piece within these limits contact us immediately and we will work with you on solutions.
- If the composer already has a work that fits within their assignment they may choose to use that in place of writing something new.
- A detailed list of available instruments will be available to the composers before they begin writing. If there is an instrument you would like to use that is not on the list please feel free to contact us. In the event the instrument is easily obtainable we may be able to get it for you.
- The deadline for final works will be on August 1st, 2017.
- At this time all scores and parts must be submitted. Failure to meet this deadline will greatly effect the outcome of the performance. Extreme lateness to this deadline may require us to completely remove your piece from the performance if we do not have enough time to rehearse.
- Final tuition balance must be paid by August 1st, 2017.
- If you still owe money after August 1st, 2017 we will send a courtesy reminder email. If you are having trouble covering the payment we may be able to work with you on a payment plan. If payment is not received and we do not hear from you then we hold the right to give your position to the next runner-up fellow composer.
- Selected composers will receive a detailed schedule no less than a week before the workshop.
Click the paypal link below to pay your $10 application fee. After your payment is processed click on the "return to merchant" button and it will bring you to the online application form. Please be prepared to submit all materials as you can not save your progress and complete the application at a later time.
- If a selected fellow composer lives from a long distance and chooses not to travel to the masterclasses/concerts, they can choose to Skype into the rehearsals and watch the masterclasses/concerts via live stream. There will be no discount for this option, full tuition is still required.
- Cisum Percussion retains the right to shorten the festival into a single concert/masterclass in the event that a small amount of quality applications are submitted.
- Cisum Percussion retains the right to cancel the workshop completely if they decide the pool of applicants is not suitable for the events. In this unlikely event, all applicants will receive a full refund of their application fee.